Team FanX is very saddened about the unexpected loss of cosplayer and Kids Heroes Foundation member, Jonathan Lloyd, and other recent deaths in the local cosplay community.
Help Is Available
If you are currently struggling with mental health issues, domestic violence, substance abuse, or similar topics, we urge you to take a moment to browse the resources made available by Cosplayer Survivor Support Network’s website. Learn more about this organization, here.
- If you or someone you know is in a life threatening emergency or in immediate danger of harming themselves, please call 911.
- If you are requesting help for a mental health crisis when calling 911 ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) Officer. They are specially trained to help with someone in a mental health crisis.
- If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
Find Local Crisis Support
Mental Health Crisis Lines operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are open to anyone needing mental health crisis services. Learn more about the Utah Suicide Prevention Coalition.
Provide us with Feedback
We wanted to take a moment to address the very important issue of mental health in our community. Concerning this topic, we’d love to hear from YOU about ideas on how to best support one another in our greatest times of need. Write in with your ideas and feedback to [email protected].
About the Jonathan Lloyd Fundraiser
What can you do this weekend? Join others from the local cosplay community this Saturday night (July 14, 2018) for Cosplay Night at the Union – A Fundraiser for Jonathan Lloyd.
COSPLAY NIGHT With Neff And Bill is an event that takes place at The Union Tavern, on the second Saturday of every month.
- $5 cover charge at the door. 100% of that cover will go directly to Jonathan Lloyd’s family to help cover funeral expenses.
- Karaoke with Krazy Karaoke
- Silent Auction featuring FanX18 Passes.
“Jon has been coming to Cosplay Night for years, and so we want to have this night to celebrate him, and his life. He was such a spark of light for so many of us. We strongly encourage everyone to dress up in their favorite costumes. The more the merrier, and we strive to make Cosplay Night a safe and fun place to geek out with, and get to know others that love the same things.”