PRESS PASS APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Press Passes for FanX® Fall Salt Lake Comic Convention™ are being made available for the following media outlets:
(A) PRINT MEDIA: Print Media includes local newspapers, national newspapers, college newspapers, magazines, etc…
(B) TELEVISION & RADIO: TV & Radio include AM, FM, Satellite, Local TV and National TV
(C) INTERNET PRESS: Passes for Internet press will be issued on a very limited case by case basis. We have a limited amount of press passes for internet only press, making it difficult to grant passes to everyone who makes a request. In order to even be considered for internet press credentials you must fit the following criteria:
- The website you write for must have been active on the web for at least two years.
- Must have original content updated at least weekly.
- Websites deemed offensive or antagonistic towards our fandom, guests or the event will not be approved.
- Proven community involvement/support for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ or other comic conventions around the U.S.
- Your website must have at least two verifiable social media pages with more than 1,000 followers each. Pages can be on Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Must appear on at least page two of a Google search for your site.
- Soft measures such as professionalism, quality, and history.
(D) ACCREDITED PHOTOGRAPHERS: Accredited Photographers, please contact Jeremy Kartchner regarding photography at the event–[email protected]
Note: Having a press badge does not guarantee any interviews. FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ is not responsible for setting up interviews with any celebrity guest, authors, artists, or anyone other special guests attending this event.
We value our featured guests and strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for them. We expect all those who receive press passes to also maintain this environment. If press pass holders fail to live up to this standard, FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ reserves the right to revoke press passes for the current event as well as for future events. Please show respect not only for our featured guests but also FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
Application & Deadline
The deadline to apply for press passes for FanX® 2020 is Friday, August 14, 2020, at 11:59 PM MST.
The number of passes are decided on a case to case basis and is purely the discretion of FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
If your pass is approved, you will receive a confirmation email from FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ with information regarding where and when you can pick up your press pass. You will also be added to the mailing list for any related press releases.
Please ensure that the email address you provide to us is a working email address. We ask that you also add [email protected] and s[email protected] to your preferred addresses so those emails arrive in your inbox instead of your spam folder.
FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ reserves the right to approve or deny any application. This decision is final and cannot be appealed. Include any and all information in your application that will allow the FanX® Press Office to make an informed decision, as you will not be able to submit further information later on if your application is not approved.
NOTE: If you are not approved for complimentary press credentials, you may still purchase a ticket to the show and report on the show that way.
MEDIA RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES
- Press Registration for FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ will close on Friday, August 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM (MST).
- There will be NO on-site Press Registration at FanX® 2020.
- If you applied for a Press Badge for FanX® 2020 this year, you will hear back from FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ by Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Approved press are provided with complimentary press badges, which are valid for entry to all unticketed events held at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.
- Your press badge allows access as long as space is permitting.
- Your press badge does not allow early access, special access, or guaranteed seating.
- Your press badge does not allow you to cut lines.
- Complimentary press badges are extended as a courtesy of FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™. Each is issued individually and is non-transferable. You may not transfer or sell your FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ press badge, and any individuals conducting such behavior will be disqualified from press badges at future FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ events
- There is a limited supply of press credentials for this event. Credentials are issued on a first come, first serve basis. Once all available credentials are issued there will be NO more press passes available or issued.
- All Press/Media Registrations are subject to approval. You will be notified within the date range based on the date you submitted your registration if you have been approved for a press badge. If your registration is NOT approved, you will be notified. If you have been approved, additional information regarding the press room and badge distribution will be provided in your confirmation email.
- We highly recommend that you apply early as there is a chance that we will reach maximum capacity for press badges to FanX® 2020 prior to the deadline. Once all Press Badges are allocated, no more will be released.
- Inappropriate or offensive behavior will result in the loss of press passes for this show and all shows moving forward.
- Press credentials can be picked up on-site in Room 150A the convention center. Press credentials are good for all 3 days of the event. If you are approved for a Press Badge, a separate email will be sent to you with more information on times and days to pick up your credentials.
- There is a press room on site. It is room number 252 AB. Media are welcome to use this room for interviews and other media related activities. The press room is for credentialed media members only. Please do not allow non-credentialed friends and family into the press room. The press room has tables, chairs, and power outlets to plug in and work from and charge cell phone batteries. Water will also be provided to credentialed media.
- All FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ media interview requests involving FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ founder Dan Farr should be made through our press contact page. (This contact page is not for celebrity interviews.)
- During the show, while celebrities are signing autographs, the media should ask the celebrities’ handlers for interview opportunities. Some celebrities are open to interviews while they interact with fans, while others are not open to any on-site interviews. It’s on a strictly case-by-case basis. Please let the nearest Celebrity Row FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ volunteer know you would like to request an interview, and ask them to point out the appropriate celebrity handler/agent to approach to get permission. If the volunteer has been given a directive by celebrity guest reps and handlers not to allow the press to approach the table, this directive is final. Failure to respect these wishes may lead to loss of press credentials for this convention and possibly future conventions.
- Media will not be allowed in the celebrity green rooms.
- Media will have access to all public rooms
- Media will be admitted into panels as general admission as long as room capacity allows. There will not be a designated press entrance for panels, so please make your plans accordingly.
- Media can take photos or video during panels on a case by case basis. We ask that you be courteous of attendees while taking video or photos and avoid standing in front of other fans that are in attendance. Individual celebrities and agents have the right to deny photos and video during panels. If a celebrity or agent makes this request a FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ volunteer or staff member will notify you on site. Failure to comply with these requests may result in a loss of press pass.
- For other panels in other rooms, the media is welcome to record audio and video.
- Power outlets at FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™ 2020 are three-pronged.
- Media is responsible for its own parking during FanX® Salt Lake Comic Convention™.